[click] last minute travel's $1 a night promo: day 1

Today's the first day of LastMinuteTravel.com's $1 a night hotel promotion. HotelChatter reports in this post that today's 15-minute window was between 10:39 to 10:54 A.M., EST.

I missed it by a mile, okay, by several hours. Oh, and if it was even 15 minutes. Some of the folks posting at Slick Deals say not. Though apparently people who were successful are being charged $0 a night! I do not for the life of me have a clue which clues in the promotional video pointed anywhere in the vicinity of this time frame.

Some observations from the folks at Hotelchatter:
1): After entering your details to find your hotel, the website subjects you to an agonizing 2-3 minute video about the features of their new website. Since we thought the page was malfunctioning by taking us to that, we kept refreshing and missing out on booking.
2): Prior research does very little good as not all properties are available during the time limit. For instance, we'd searched for a hotel in the Central district of Hong Kong. Outside of the 15 minutes, LMT shows four available properties. Inside of the 15 minutes, we were only shown two.
3): Before completing your booking, more time is wasted with a survey you must fill out regarding your online travel purchasing habits.
I'm going to keep plugging away for this, I have my heart set on Paris, but I'm keeping my expectations low. This sounds like a real crap shoot.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

1 comment:

Post a Comment