[click] viral stampede: last minute travel's $1 a night promotion: day 2

Some disgruntled posters at FlyerTalk and Slick Deals are up in arms about the way Last Minute Travel’s promotion is playing out. At least one person is threatening to contact their state’s Attorney General's office for assorted transgressions, including lack of availability and assertions that the Terms and Conditions keep changing.

I do not know if a stitch of this is true. I did not attempt to enter this promotion today. Apparently the 15-minute window came and went this morning EST. If you’re interested in trying to snag this $1 rate, keep on trucking. I’ll post updates if I see/hear anything interesting. UPDATE: This poster on SlickDeals cadged four nights at a Las Vegas hotel. His tips:
1. Sign up and create an account on LMT before you start refreshing the browser (even the 15 seconds you will save by doing this in advance may make the difference between getting the deal and being angry because you ran out of time)
2. Log into LMT with your newly created account
3. Load Check4Change or whatever add on you desire
4. Set C4C to refresh the main LMT page
5. Open another tab for the hotel page
6. Research your hotels in advance - and open another tab with whatever hotel(s) you desire. I had one tab for the LMT main page, one for my first hotel choice and one for my second hotel choice
7. Listen carefully for the clock to start ticking. My Firefox browser with C4C plug in did not play the song as some others mentioned. I was made aware of the deal by the clock ticking and the flashing tab on the main page being monitored by C4C
8. When the ticking begins, navigate to the first choice hotel tab, refresh, and you'll only have to see the movie once (based upon my experience)
9. Book the hotel dates, room type, etc as quickly as possible
10. Fill out your personal info ASAP
11. Answer the two question survey and confirm your reservation
12. Enjoy the fact that you just got a marvelous deal for FREE!

I might give this a whirl tomorrow.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like this informative post. Thanks...



luxury villa

Post a Comment